How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through entering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.