How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work appropriately if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.