How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really simple to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.