How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely dangerous with regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.