How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.