How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology abilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your tv, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently offered that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.